Share this article

print logo

SPARK STARTS A FIRE, 150 BALES OF PAPER BURN

A spark from a welding torch triggered a fire Wednesday that destroyed 150 bales of paper at the Norampac Co., 4001 Packard Road, fire officials said.

The bales, which weighed about 1,000 pounds each, were valued at about $10,000, fire officials said.

Firefighter Brian Larock was treated in Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center after ash from the fire got into his eye, Battalion Chief Dennis Long said.

The fire started shortly before 10 a.m. and was extinguished by 11:46, fire officials said.

There are no comments - be the first to comment