Share this article

print logo


Mariah Carey's former dream house, an eye-popping mansion that sold for $20.5 million after her divorce from Sony Music executive Tommy Mottola, burned to the ground over the weekend.

The home was vacant and there were no injuries in the blaze Saturday.

The home had nine bedrooms, seven fireplaces, two swimming pools and a recording studio on 56 acres. The house was designed and built for the singer and the music mogul in the mid-1990s.

Shortly after they divorced in 1998, it was bought by Nelson Peltz, the chairman of Triarc Cos., which runs Arby's, Royal Crown Cola and Snapple.

Peltz's lawyer, Neale Albert, said firefighters told Peltz the fire was probably caused by faulty wiring.

There are no comments - be the first to comment