Share this article

print logo

FIRE AT ANSONIA CENTRE IS BLAMED ON ARSON

Arson is listed as the cause of a $20,000 fire Saturday night at the Ansonia Centre at 712 Main St., city fire officials said Sunday.

Firefighters responding to the blaze at 9:38 p.m. followed smoke on the first floor to a closet store room across from the offices of the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo.

Damage was listed at $15,000 to the five-story brick apartment and office structure and $5,000 to its contents. No injuries were reported.

A fire took place in about the same area of the Ansonia Centre in June 1997. At that time, the area was being remodeled. Fire investigators said someone had set fire to blueprints for the remodeling.

Saturday night's blaze remains under investigation.

There are no comments - be the first to comment