Share this article

print logo


Arson is listed as the cause of a $20,000 fire Saturday night at the Ansonia Centre at 712 Main St., city fire officials said Sunday.

Firefighters responding to the blaze at 9:38 p.m. followed smoke on the first floor to a closet across from the offices of the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo.

Damage to the five-story brick apartment and office structure was $15,000 to the building and $5,000 to its contents. No injuries were reported.

A $20,000 fire also took place in roughly the same area of the center in June 1997. At that time, the area was being remodeled. Fire investigators said someone had set fire to blueprints for the remodeling.

There are no comments - be the first to comment