Share this article

print logo


Careless disposal of smoking materials was blamed for a fire Tuesday which did $7,000 damage to Bishara's Deli, 1302 Pierce Ave., fire officials said.

The fire started after a burning cigarette apparently was discarded near the building, igniting nearby debris which started the outside wall on fire. The flames extended inside the wall but were confined to that area, fire officials said.

About $2,000 damage was done to the building and $5,000 damage, mostly caused by smoke, to its contents, including food products. The owner is Albert Mansour, fire officials said.

There are no comments - be the first to comment