Share this article

print logo

NURSING HOME PATIENT UNHURT IN FIRE IN ROOM

LOCKPORT -- Firefighters credited certified nursing assistant Randy Ott with preventing major damage and injury when a fire started Monday night in a patient's room in the Odd Fellows and Rebekah Health Care Facility, 104 Old Niagara Road. The fire was confined to the single room in the one-story building. Damage was estimated at $2,500 to $3,000. Acting Assistant Chief Patrick Costello said the cause was clothing piled too close to a wall-mounted heater. Costello said Ott "did a nice job of grabbing the extinguisher and knocking the fire down, and getting that guy out of there." The patient was not injured.

There are no comments - be the first to comment