Share this article

print logo

VOTE DUE ON BUILDING PROJECT

A $16.9 million building project will go before voters in the Randolph Central School district Nov. 17.

During a special meeting Wednesday night, the School Board agreed to put the measure on the ballot. Superintendent Stephen Bocciolat said it is Phase II of a construction project that will mean an addition at the Junior/Senior High School.

"We are looking at a new pre-kindergarten program. We are also expanding both high school libraries to create a library, media, computer center. Our elementary library, which is basically the size of a classroom, will be moved into our current elementary gymnasium," he said.

Bocciolat said state aid will pay 90 percent of the cost. The remaining 10 percent will come from reserve funds and unappropriated fund balance, so there will be no increase in the tax levy.

There are no comments - be the first to comment