Share this article

print logo

GRAND ISLAND HOUSE FIRE BLAMED ON 3-YEAR-OLD CHILD

A Whitehaven Road house fire accidentally started by a child about 4:30 p.m. Wednesday caused $40,000 damage before it was extinguished by fire crews, according to a Grand Island Fire Company spokesman.

The fire at 1655 Whitehaven Road appears to have originated in a second-floor bedroom, where it was apparently started by a 3-year-old child, said Ray Pauley, public information officer for the fire company.

Damage was estimated at $40,000, Pauley said.

There are no comments - be the first to comment