Share this article

print logo

POT LEFT ON STOVE SPARKS $5,500 FIRE IN FALLS

An unattended pot on a stove started a fire that did an estimated $5,500 damage Tuesday to an apartment house at 2228 Cleveland Ave., fire officials said.

It also resulted in an injury to Sonya Sealey, 27, who cut her hand while re-entering her second-floor apartment in an attempt to put the fire out, fire officials said. She was treated for the injury at Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center, fire officials said.

The fire started at 2:46 a.m. in the second-floor kitchen of the 2 1/2 -story house. It extended to the floor and walls, but was confined to the kitchen, fire
officials said.

The Red Cross was called in to assist Ms. Sealey.

There are no comments - be the first to comment