Share this article

print logo

SMOKE ALERTS PASSER-BY TO TED'S HOT DOGS FIRE

A fryer fire early Monday morning caused about $17,500 in damage to the Ted's Hot Dogs Restaurant on Transit Road, fire officials said.

Main-Transit firefighters responded at about 6 a.m. Monday to a fire call from a passing motorist who saw smoke pouring from the closed restaurant, at 7018 Transit Road in Amherst, Fire Chief Carl O. Fischer Jr. said.

The fire, believed to have been caused by a malfunctioning fryer in the restaurant, caused $15,000 in structural damage and $2,500 in damage to the building's contents, Fischer said.

There are no comments - be the first to comment