Share this article

print logo

BOY SUFFERS ALCOHOL POISONING

A 14-year-old boy was treated in Children's Hospital, Buffalo, for alcohol poisoning after he became ill Friday night on Upper Mountain Road while he and a friend were drinking rum.

Maximiliano A. Quaglia of Upper Mountain Road was treated and released, hospital officials said.

His companion, Adam C. Schneider, 16, also of Upper Mountain Road, was listed in stable condition Saturday in Mount St. Mary's Hospital, Lewiston, but hospital officials declined to say what he was being treated for.

The two boys were found at about 6 p.m. Friday after Adam ran from a wooded area near Mount View Cemetery to Upper Mountain Road, where he flagged down a car to get help because Maximiliano was injured, Niagara County Sheriff's Deputy Scott Lombardo said.

Adam told the driver that he and his friend had been drinking rum and that Maximiliano was injured and bleeding, Lombardo said. Adam led the driver to the wooded area, located Maximiliano, then collapsed, Lombardo said.

The driver went for help, and Maximiliano was flown to Children's Hospital, while Adam was taken to St. Mary's Hospital by ambulance.