Share this article

print logo

USE OF INCENSE IN FALLS SPARKS $18,000 HOUSE FIRE

About $18,000 damage was done to a Willow Avenue home Tuesday when a piece of burning incense fell on a bed and set a second-floor bedroom on fire, fire officials said.

The fire started at 2:47 p.m. at 1309 Willow Ave. when Alfonse Perry said he was burning some incense in the bedroom.

The fire was confined to the bedroom by firefighters. About $12,000 damage was done to the 2 1/2 -story house and another $6,000 to its contents, fire
officials said.

Perry was charged with having no battery in his smoke
detector, fire officials said.

There are no comments - be the first to comment