Share this article

print logo

MAN HELD IN BOY'S DISMEMBERMENT

A one-armed man was accused Monday of killing a 12-year-old boy whose body was cut into pieces and encased in chunks of concrete.

Six other people who had been taken into custody over the weekend for investigation of murder in the slaying of Juan Delgado were freed after police concluded they weren't involved.

John Samuel Ghobrial, 27, will be charged with murder, Capt. John Rees said.

Police said Ghobrial suffocated the boy, cut up the body, entombed some of pieces in chunks of concrete -- one of them weighing 200 pounds -- and scattered the parts.

When asked how a one-armed man could have done such a thing, Rees said: "We don't have evidence to support a second person." He added, "To accept that, while difficult or implausible to some degree, is not impossible."

Rees said investigators knew of no motive and do not know if the boy was sexually assaulted because his pelvic section is still missing.

The youth, who failed to return from school Tuesday wasn't reported missing until Thursday because his mother, Marguerita Delgado, said he was known to stay away from home for days.

A man found blood oozing from a concrete block on his lawn Saturday and called police.

There are no comments - be the first to comment