Share this article

print logo

CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTOR ALERTS FAMILY TO FUMES

A carbon monoxide detector alerted a Durham Avenue family early today that fumes were creating a hazardous situation in their home, authorities said.

When the alarm first sounded Monday night, members of the Darryl Webb family of 54 Durham opened windows, fire officials said.

At 7:25 a.m. today, the family called firefighters when the alarm began to sound again. Firefighters determined that either a faulty chimney or boiler was spewing carbon monoxide inside the house, authorities said.

Darryl Webb, no age listed, was taken to the Deaconess Center for treatment, fire officials said.

There are no comments - be the first to comment