Share this article

print logo

FALLS STREET FIRE BLAMED ON CHILDREN WITH LIGHTER

Children playing with a cigarette lighter started a fire that did $600 damage Tuesday to a 2 1/2 -story frame house on 1922 Falls St., fire officials said.

The fire started at 9:52 a.m. when children apparently set fire to a couch in a rear, second-floor storage room with the lighter, fire officials said. The fire spread to a window sill, but was confined to the room, fire officials said.

No injuries were reported. About $300 damage was done to the two-family home and $300 damage to its contents, fire officials said.

There are no comments - be the first to comment