Share this article

print logo

ASTHMA ATTACK AFTER FIRE HOSPITALIZES FALLS WOMAN

An elderly woman was hospitalized Monday night, after suffering an asthma attack following a kitchen fire in her home, fire dispatcher Jan Wellsby said.

Beatrice Petrazzoulo, 73, of 3811 Walnut Ave. was admitted to the intensive care unit of Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center, a hospital spokeswoman said, adding she was "being monitored closely."

Ms. Wellsby said food left unattended on the stove caught fire shortly before 6 p.m., and the blaze spread to the kitchen cupboards before Mrs. Petrazzoulo's husband Michael extinguished the fire. Damage was estimated at $500.

There are no comments - be the first to comment