The family of a girl who was stabbed to death at school two years ago will continue to press a civil suit against the Rochester School District and its bus company, the family's lawyer said Friday.
Attorney Charles Davis said the family of Stephne Givens was disappointed in the dismissal of a $15 million lawsuit against the school district and bus company earlier this week.
The family was suing for negligence and wrongful death, but state Supreme Court Judge Robert Lunn ruled that the defendants are not liable for the 1995 stabbing death of Miss Givens by another student outside Jefferson Middle School.
Davis said he will ask the judge next week to consider evidence that may have been overlooked in his ruling.
If Lunn refuses to hear the evidence, Davis said he will take the matter to the Appellate Division of state Supreme Court. He added that the Givens family is willing to press the case all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court, if necessary.