Share this article

print logo

FUMES INJURE MEAT PLANT WORKERS

Five employees of the Riverside Processing Company, a meat-processing company on Austin Road, were taken to WCA Hospital on Friday after they were overcome by fumes from a forklift, said Frewsburg Fire Chief Tom Moore.

He said rescue crews were called to the plant just after 10 a.m. after the forklift "either malfunctioned or had a leak, and they were exposed to either carbon monoxide or propane fumes." None of the injuries was serious.

There are no comments - be the first to comment