First Presbyterian Church of Lockport, which celebrates its 175th anniversary next year, was formed in 1823 and met for the first few months in a log schoolhouse on what is now Park Avenue before building a wooden structure later that year on Hawley Street, where the Niagara County Courthouse stands.
In 1830, members bought the corner lot at Church and Ontario streets, where the church stands today, and built a brick building, then replaced it with a large stone structure in 1855. The bricks were saved and used to add meeting rooms behind the sanctuary in 1877.
The education wing was added in 1928. From 1901 to 1950, spectacular Tiffany glass windows were added.