Share this article

print logo

MAN FLEES FIRE THROUGH WINDOW

A Cassadaga man had to jump out of a window to escape flames that engulfed his mobile home Thursday night.

Kent McCoon was reportedly cooking on a propane camping stove inside his Route 60 trailer just after 5 p.m. when the fire broke out.

"He had to get out through the window and suffered some minor cuts and burns in the process," Cassadaga Fire Chief David Muscato said.

McCoon was treated at WCA Hospital and released. The Cassadaga crew got help dousing the flames from Stockton, Sinclairville and Fredonia fire companies. The mobile home was destroyed, and the Red Cross was called in to help McCoon.

There are no comments - be the first to comment