Share this article

print logo

FURNACE FIRE CAUSES DAMAGE

A fire caused by an apparent malfunction in an industrial furnace caused an estimated $30,000 to $50,000 damage at the Great Lakes Carbon Group at 5700 Niagara Falls Blvd., fire officials said.

The fire on Friday started at 1:24 a.m. when the furnace apparently malfunctioned and the flames extended from the furnace area to a wood platform in the furnace room, fire officials said. Firefighters were at the scene until 3:56 a.m. No injuries were reported.

There are no comments - be the first to comment