Share this article

print logo

BEEBE'S SIXTH CONCUSSION MIGHT DERAIL QUEST FOR RECORD

Don Beebe returned to the Green Bay Packers this year to try to become the first NFL player to reach six Super Bowls. Getting his sixth concussion might derail those hopes.

Beebe was knocked unconscious in Green Bay's 26-15 loss at Detroit on Sunday, and he was scheduled to see a neurologist today.

Beebe said doctors told him he was out cold for four minutes. He said that except for a sore neck and headache, he felt fine on Monday, but the wide receiver implied that his wife, Diana, wants him to retire.

"If I was to have the same play tomorrow, I'd do the same thing," Beebe said. "I would try to catch the ball. That's my job. I have no fear, still, I have no fear . . . my attitude hasn't changed any.

"My wife's attitude now has changed a little."

Beebe didn't deny that he'd consider retirement, either. "That's an issue I'd as soon not address at this time," he said.

"To tell you the truth, if I ever felt I was putting myself in jeopardy for my kids' future and my wife's future, I wouldn't do it," said Beebe, whose children are 6, 3 and 11 months.

In other NFL news:

The Denver Broncos might be without place-kicker Jason Elam for their Monday night game against New England. Elam re-injured his right hip flexor and strained his groin Sunday.

Rookie Cincinnati safety Tremain Mack will be out for at least two weeks with an injured left foot.

The Miami Dolphins added to their extensive list of players out with injuries (five), placing linebacker Ronnie Ward on injured reserve. Ward, a third-round draft choice this year, broke one of the lower bones in his left leg during a practice Sept. 26. He won't return this season. Also, the Dolphins waived offensive tackle Andre Johnson, a former first-round draft pick who had been picked up on waivers from Washington.

Seattle will probably be with wide receiver Joey Galloway (sprained ankle) and running back Chris Warren (pulled left hamstring) when it faces Tennessee on Sunday.

Oakland officials filed a lawsuit against the Raiders that seeks to keep them from leaving Oakland. The suit, filed at Alameda County Superior Court, accuses the team of failing to live up to the terms of its agreement and threatening to break its lease with the Oakland Coliseum.

There are no comments - be the first to comment