On the grounds of the Genesee Country Museum in Mumford is the Romulus Female Seminary, built in 1855 in the Town of Romulus. In 1883, the seminary closed. The building was later purchased by the Presbyterian Church of Romulus for use as a chapel and moved to a site alongside the church building.
In 1970, the old seminary was moved to the Genesee Country Museum. It has been restored and furnished as a typical girls seminary of the period. Built toward the end of the Greek Revival period, the one-story building included the basic elements of that style. Two square columns are topped by the wide entablature, which, in turn, is capped by a pediment with the full returns of the cornice. The iron cresting on the bell tower is of a later period, presumably added when the seminary was converted to a chapel.