Share this article

print logo

HOUSE EXPLOSION TIED TO PROPANE

A propane leak apparently triggered an explosion that blew apart a ranch style home on Bush Road Wednesday, sending two men to the hospital.

The Chautauqua County Fire Investigation team wrapped up its probe of the incident Friday, and said the blast appeared to be accidental, although laboratory test results will not be complete for a few weeks.

Ronald Dunnewold, 52, who owned the house, and his nephew Craig Dunnewold, 31, of Wattsburg, Pa., were hurt. The younger man is being treated in the burn unit at West Penn Hospital in Pittsburgh, while his uncle is recovering in WCA Hospital.

Police said the pair had just returned to the house when the explosion occurred.

There are no comments - be the first to comment