Share this article

print logo

KENNEDY TEEN SUFFERS BURNS

No more fireworks for Rep. Joseph P. Kennedy II.

A son of the congressman was slightly burned on his arm by a "spark-emitting device" this weekend at the family compound on Cape Cod, a Kennedy spokesman said Monday.

Matthew Kennedy, 16, was treated at Cape Cod Hospital and released.

The spokesman, Brian O'Connor, said Joseph Kennedy had lighted some fireworks before his son was burned Saturday night. It is illegal to possess or use fireworks in Massachusetts.

"We shouldn't have done it, and I'm just glad Matt will be OK," Kennedy said in a statement.

A Barnstable police spokesman had no information about whether any legal action would be taken.

There are no comments - be the first to comment