Share this article

print logo

FIRE DAMAGES FALLS APARTMENT HOUSE

Careless disposal of smoking materials was blamed for a fire that damaged a three-story apartment house on Seventh Street this morning, fire officials said.

The Red Cross was called to help five residents of the building find temporary housing, officials said.

The fire occurred at about 4 a.m. in the third-floor apartment of Henry Baumer at 416 Seventh St. and was confined to the third floor, fire officials said. It started in bedding and spread to the walls and ceiling of Baumer's apartment, they said.

The blaze caused about $20,000 damage to the wood-frame building and $10,000 damage to its contents, fire officials said. No injuries were reported.

There are no comments - be the first to comment