Share this article

print logo

FAULTY FUSE BOX BLAMED IN BARN FIRE

An electrical malfunction in a fuse box ignited a fire in a barn at the Jon K. Bates farm on Pit Road Saturday, causing $175,000 in damage, the Wyoming County Sheriff's Department said Sunday.

Several animals were rescued from the barn, but a small calf died when it ran back into the fire, officials said. A stiff wind hampered firefighters, who responded to the emergency shortly after 12:20 p.m.

Firefighters from Strykersville Fire Company were assisted by companies from Arcade, North Java, Sheldon, Harris Corners, Bliss, Chaffee and Wales Center.

There are no comments - be the first to comment