A Mass of Christian Burial for Sister Mary Fabia Andrzejewski, 89, a member of the Felician Sisters for 70 years, will be offered at 9 a.m. Saturday in the Villa Maria Convent Chapel, 600 Doat St. Burial will be in St. Stanislaus Cemetery, Cheektowaga.
Sister Andrzejewski died Wednesday (Dec. 26, 1990) in St. Joseph Hospital, Cheektowaga, after a brief illness.
A native of Gora, Poland, the former Helen Andrzejewski came to the United States with her family in 1904 and settled in the Buffalo area.
She entered the Buffalo Province of Felician Sisters in 1920 and professed her final religious vows in 1928.
An educator for 35 years, Sister Andrzejewski studied at the former Mount St. Joseph Teachers College in Buffalo and taught primary and intermediate grades in parish schools in the Catholic Diocese of Buffalo.
The Buffalo schools in which she taught included Assumption, Holy Cross, Queen of the Most Holy Rosary, Transfiguration, St. Florian, St. John Kanty, St. Luke and St. Valentine. She also taught at Our Lady of Czestochowa and St. Josaphat, both in Cheektowaga; St. Hyacinth in Dunkirk, and Queen of All Saints and St. Barbara, both in Lackawanna.
Sister Andrzejewski also served as a group director at the Immaculate Heart of Mary Home for Children in Cheektowaga for six years.
After retiring from teaching in 1968, she served as director of occupational therapy at Villa Maria Infirmary for 13 years. She was a resident of the Villa Maria Motherhouse.
She is survived by three brothers, Harry Andrzejewski of Clearwater, Fla., and John and Stanley Andrzejewski.