Share this article

print logo


Damage was estimated at $10,000 following a fire in a storeroom of the Niagara Frontier State Park Commission at Reservoir Park late Wednesday.

Spontaneous combustion is believed to be the cause of the fire, which started near the hot water heater, according to officials.

Henry Brodowski, assistant regional director for the commission, said firefighters from seven volunteer companies, "did a great job in confining the blaze to a utility room."

Niagara County sheriff's deputies had listed the property as belonging to the New York State Power Authority. Brodowski said it is property of the commission, but formerly housed exhibits of the SPA.

There are no comments - be the first to comment