Share this article

print logo

TWO RESIDENCES ARE DAMAGED IN BROADWAY FIRE

A two-alarm fire sparked by careless use of a candle early today caused $170,000 damage to a residence at 1202 Broadway and a residence next door, Buffalo fire officials said.

The fire destroyed the Broadway Grill at 1202 Broadway and damaged the upstairs apartments, causing $110,000 damage at that address. Another $60,000 damage was reported next door at 1204 Broadway.

Residents at the two addresses managed to flee to safety. One firefighter, Lt. Tom O'Donnell of Engine 22, suffered an injury to his right shoulder.

Firefighters brought the fire under control at 2:35 a.m., 41 minutes after the first alarm was sounded.

There are no comments - be the first to comment