Share this article

print logo

WIRING BLAMED AS BLAZE ROUTS 2 FAMILIES IN CITY

An electrical malfunction started a fire in a house on Howard Street Sunday night, forcing two families to flee and causing $50,000 in damages, fire officials said today.

The fire began about 9:50 p.m. at 574 Howard, a 2 1/2 -story structure made into two apartments.

One firefighter suffered a leg injury and was treated at Buffalo General Hospital and released, officials said. No other injuries were reported.

The Greater Buffalo Red Cross Chapter was called to assist the families.

There are no comments - be the first to comment