Share this article

print logo

Wood-burning stove sparks garage fire that spreads to two houses in Sloan

A fire in a wood-burning stove sparked a garage fire that spread to two homes in Sloan on Wednesday.

The resident of 92 Halstead Ave., where the fire started, alerted firefighters by running to the Sloan Active Hose No. 1 fire station about a block away, said Fire Chief Alan Wieberg.

The fire started at about 11:45 a.m. in the garage behind 92 Halstead, and spread to the home at that address and next door to 98 Halstead, Wieberg said.

All residents and pets were able to escape the burning homes safely, he said.

Firefighters cleared the scene at about 3 p.m. The blaze caused an estimated $100,000 in damage, the chief said.

There are no comments - be the first to comment