You may just want to stay home today, or at least delay your ride into work.
Numerous accidents are being reported throughout the region, including one in Batavia involving a truck that has shut down both directions of I-90, according to WBFO, and another one near the Pennsylvania border, WGRZ said.
While most main roads are passable, they are slippery and traffic was moving slowly.
Secondary roads are still covered in snow and many, especially in the Southtowns and Cattaraugus County, were closed due to downed trees and power lines. All of Cattaraugus County is under a travel advisory, and the town and village of Hamburg and Eden, as well as the City of Niagara Falls, also issued travel advisories.
A single-car accident was reported on the eastbound side of Route 33 just beyond the Thruway, causing the left lane to be closed.
There's a disabled vehicle on the southbound 400 that has closed the left lane.
Ellicott Creek Road was closed between Niagara Falls Boulevard and Parker Boulevard due to wires down across the road, Erie County Department of Public Works reported.
The Hamburg District has accumulations of 14"-22" of snow since last night. Heavier totals are in the higher elevations. Road conditions are fair to poor in the South and Eastern sides of the District as breakdowns and temporary road blockages have slowed our progress.
— Erie County DPW (@ErieCountyDPW) March 2, 2018
Here's a list of problems on roads reported by NITTEC as of 7:39 a.m.:
- RTE 438 Westbound - Closed from Brant Reservation Road to Route 20 in the Town of Collins because of downed trees. Reported at 5:06 a.m.
- RTE 438 Eastbound - Closed from Route 20 to Brant Reservation Road in the Town of Collins because of downed trees. Reported at 5:10 a.m.
- Route 75 Northbound - Closed from Lenox Road to Genesee Road in the Town of North Collins because of downed trees. Reported at 5:13 a.m.
- Route 75 Southbound - Closed Genesee Road to Lenox Road in the Town of North Collins because of downed trees. Reported at 5:15 a.m.
- RTE 39 Eastbound - Closed from Route 62 to Bagdad Road in the Town of Collins because of downed trees. Reported at 4:13 a.m.
- RTE 39 Eastbound - Closed from Peck Hill Road to Route 62 in the Village of Gowanda because of downed trees. Reported at 6:50 a.m.
- RTE 39 Westbound - Closed from Bagdad Road to Route 62 in the Town of Collins because of downed trees. Reported at 4:15 a.m.
- RTE 39 Westbound - RTE 39 Westbound Closed from Route 62 to Peck Hill Road in the Village of Gowanda because of downed trees. Reported at 6:52 a.m.
- Route 33 outbound - Accident beyond I-90. Reported at 7:02 a.m. Lanes Affected: Left Lane Closed.
- Route 400 Southbound - Disabled Vehicle ramp to Route 277. Reported at 7:29 a.m. Lanes Affected: Left Lane Closed.