Get yourself ready for today's #PrepTalkLive action with everything you need to know about the day ahead in high school sports.
What to watch for Thursday
1. Boys basketball - Section VI Class AA semifinals at Buffalo State
Some familiar foes face off against one another in tonight's boys hoops action. Niagara Falls takes on Jamestown at Buffalo State for the fourth consecutive season and seventh time in eight years. Williamsville North has a pair of double-digit wins over the Quakers in ECIC I play this season.
- 1-Niagara Falls vs. 4-Jamestown, 6 p.m.
- 3-Williamsville North vs. 7-Orchard Park, 7:45 p.m.
2. Girls basketball - Section VI Class B-1 & D semifinals
Two more of this weekend's finals matchups will be determined tonight.
Class B-1 at Kenmore West
- 10-Medina vs. 11-Dunkirk, 5:30 p.m.
- 1-Newfane vs. 5-Fredonia, 7:30 p.m.
Medina and Dunkirk both earned seeding upsets last round against 2-I-Prep/Grover and 3-City Honors, respectively. Newfane looks to take down the defending overall Class B champs in Fredonia, which made it to the state final four last season. Winners advance to Sunday's championship at noon at Buffalo State.
Class D at Jamestown Community College
- 2-Franklinville vs. 3-Sherman, 5:30 p.m.
- 1-Panama vs. 5-Pine Valley, 7:30 p.m.
Franklinville and three-time defending champ Panama are the top-ranked small schools in Western New York and are the favorites to meet in Saturday's Class D championship (noon at JCC) for a third straight year.
Today's schedule can be found at our high school scoreboard.
#PrepTalkLive updates: While we follow ALL the high school action via our Prep Talk team, we encourage YOU to also tweet updates from the games you are attending with the hashtag #PrepTalkLive attached.
* * *
* * *
Story topics: Homeroom Announcements