Get yourself ready for today's #PrepTalkLive action with everything you need to know about the day ahead in high school sports.
What to watch for Thursday
1. Girls basketball - V-Mercy at Cardinal O'Hara, 6 p.m.
No. 1 large school Cardinal O'Hara aims to end Rochester's Our Lady of Mercy's dominance over Western New York foes this season. Mercy blew out the Hawks on Jan. 11, 74-50, and also has wins over Amherst, Sacred Heart, Nardin, Nichols and Mount St. Mary. O'Hara beat V-Penfield, one of the top Class AA teams in the state, on Tuesday, 61-58.
2. Girls basketball - V-Bishop Kearney at Amherst, 6 p.m.
No. 5 large school Amherst welcomes another strong Rochester-area team in Bishop Kearney, which has two wins over O'Hara, two over Williamsville South and another over Sacred Heart.
3. Girls basketball - Chautauqua Lake at Fredonia, 7:30 p.m.
Honorable mention small school Fredonia (5-8, 5-2) hosts No. 7 Chautauqua Lake (10-6, 6-2) looking for its second CCAA West I win over the Thunderbirds in four days. The Hillbillies won a close 53-47 game on the road Monday.
4. Girls hockey - Section VI quarterfinals
The Section VI girls hockey playoffs get underway with a doubleheader at Northtown Center.
- 3-Williamsville vs. 6-West Seneca/Hamburg/Eden, 4 p.m.
- 4-Lancaster/Iroquois/Depew vs. 5-Kenmore/Grand Island, 5:30 p.m.
The highest seed remaining plays No. 2 Amherst/Sweet Home/Clarence next Monday, while the lowest seed takes on defending-champ Frontier/Lake Shore/Orchard Park.
- Girls basketball: Orchard Park at Lancaster, 8 p.m.
- Boys hockey: Niagara Wheatfield vs. Orchard Park, 7:55 p.m. at Niagara University
Today's schedule can be found at our high school scoreboard.
#PrepTalkLive updates: While we follow ALL the high school action via our Prep Talk team, we encourage YOU to also tweet updates from the games you are attending with the hashtag #PrepTalkLive attached.
* * *
* * *
Story topics: Homeroom Announcements