The Buffalo Sabres host the Dallas Stars for a 1 p.m. meeting in Key Bank Center Saturday. Here's what you need to know to get ready for the game:
1. The lineup remains the same. While the Sabres recalled forward Nick Baptiste on Friday, he will be a healthy scratch for this afternoon's game. Defenseman Victor Antipin will also be a scratch, missing his 12th straight game. Robin Lehner will get the start in goal.
2. One away from 1,000. The Sabres have 999 regular-season home wins in franchise history. The team is looking to reach the 1,000-win mark. Other milestone watches include Rasmus Ristolainen needing one assist for 100 in his career. Jack Eichel is 10 away from the 100-assist mark.
3. Hot players. While the record remains, well, dismal, some of the Sabres are starting to crank up their production. Eichel enters the game with three straight multi-point games, the first such stretch in his career. Kyle Okposo has recorded at least two points in each of his last three games and his also looking for his first four-game multi-point streak. Okposo has 13 points (three goals, 10 assists) in his last 13 games.
4. So. No. Bishop. Ben Bishop won't be in goal for the Dallas Stars, which could be a good thing for the Sabres. Bishop has a 10-game winning streak against Buffalo which, according to Elias Sports Bureau is the longest active winning streak against a single NHL franchise among all active goaltenders. Dallas backup Kari Lehtonen will get the start. He has a 2.54 goals-against average and a .910 save percentage in 14 appearances.
5. Final meeting of the season. This will be the final meeting between the teams with the Stars earning a 5-1 win in Dallas on Nov. 4. The Sabres are 3-7-0 in their lasts 10 games against the Stars.