Get yourself ready for today's #PrepTalkLive action with everything you need to know about the day ahead in high school sports.
What to watch for Friday
1. Boys hockey - St. Joe's vs. Williamsville North, 7 p.m.
Defending state champs St. Joe's (6-3-1) and Williamsville North (7-0-2) clash at the Northtown Center for the second time this season. They played to a 2-2 draw back on Dec. 21. The Spartans are the top-ranked Division I team in the state, while the Marauders are ninth.
2. Girls basketball - St. Mary's of Lancaster at Mount St. Mary, 6 p.m.
No. 8 large school Mount St. Mary (12-2, 2-1) hosts No. 10 St. Mary's of Lancaster (7-7, 1-2) in Monsignor Martin action. The Thunder have lost to two teams ranked above them in Iroquois and Cardinal O'Hara. The Lancers have lost three in a row to Lake Shore, Sacred Heart and O'Hara since a league win at Christian Central.
3. Girls basketball - Newfane at Wilson, 6 p.m.
No. 4 small school Newfane (11-1, 6-0) visits its Niagara-Orleans League rival in No. 10 Wilson (6-3, 3-2). The Panthers are coming off an impressive 51-25 win at No. 9 Akron Tuesday and also beat the Lakewomen back on Dec. 11, 45-38. Wilson is currently riding a three-game winning streak after losing the previous three before that.
4. Boys basketball - Bishop Timon-St. Jude at Niagara Catholic, 7:30 p.m.
No. 3 large school Bishop Timon-St. Jude (11-2, 2-1) welcomes No. 8 small school Niagara Catholic (11-2, 4-1). The Tigers come away from a long road trip to Walsh yesterday with a 81-23 win. A big second half propelled the Patriots to a 64-50 win at No. 7 Cardinal O'Hara Wednesday.
- Boys basketball: Middle College at Burgard, 6:30 p.m.
- Boys basketball: St. Francis at St. Joe's, 7 p.m.
- Boys basketball: Dunkirk at Chautauqua Lake, 7:30 p.m.
- Girls basketball: Randolph at Allegany-Limestone, 7:30 p.m.
- Girls basketball: Fredonia at Southwestern, 7:30 p.m.
- Girls basketball: Frontier at Clarence, 7:30 p.m.
- Boys hockey: Grand Island vs. West Seneca East, 7 p.m. at West Seneca Ice Rink
Today's schedule can be found at our high school scoreboard.
#PrepTalkLive updates: While we follow ALL the high school action via our Prep Talk team, we encourage YOU to also tweet updates from the games you are attending with the hashtag #PrepTalkLive attached.
* * *
* * *
Story topics: Homeroom Announcements