Get yourself ready for today's #PrepTalkLive action with everything you need to know about the day ahead in high school sports.
What to watch for Tuesday
1. Girls basketball - Chautauqua Lake at Southwestern, 7:30 p.m.
No. 3 small school Southwestern (10-0, 4-0) hosts No. 7 Chautauqua Lake (8-4, 4-0) in a highly-ranked CCAA West I showdown. The Trojans are one of five undefeated teams left in Western New York. They beat the Thunderbirds in what was considered a nonleague matchup on Dec. 28, 68-59.
2. Girls basketball - Amherst at Clarence, 7:30 p.m.
No. 8 large school Clarence (5-4) welcomes No. 5 Amherst (6-4) in an intriguing nonleague matchup. The Red Devils had their signature win of the season so far with a 42-38 victory at No. 7 East Aurora Saturday. The Tigers are riding a four-game winning streak since starting 2-4 with one of the toughest opening schedules in the area.
3. Girls basketball - Newfane at Akron, 6:30 p.m.
No. 4 small school Newfane (10-1, 5-0) visits No. 9 Akron (7-2, 3-0) for a game between the two unbeaten teams left in the Niagara-Orleans League. Both have home wins over perennial N-O power Wilson, the No. 10 small school.
4. Girls hockey - Amherst/Sweet Home/Clarence vs. Williamsville, 4 p.m.
CASH (6-3-1-2-1) takes on Williamsville (7-3-1-1) for the third time this season in a game at Northtown Center. CASH won the first two in the season series, 3-1 on Nov. 21 and 1-0 on Dec. 21. Both teams are tied for second in the standings with 24.5 points.
5. Boys basketball - South Park at McKinley, 6:30 p.m.
Honorable mention large school McKinley (7-2, 4-1) hosts South Park (4-5, 4-2) in Yale Cup I play. The Macks have won five of six since their lone league loss at Middle College. The Sparks have won two league games in a row, which snapped a three-game losing streak to end December.
- Boys basketball: Cardinal O'Hara at Nichols, 6:30 p.m.
- Boys basketball: St. Mary's of Lancaster at St. Joe's, 7 p.m.
- Boys basketball: Randolph at Gowanda, 7:30 p.m.
- Girls basketball: Orchard Park at Williamsville East, 6:30 p.m.
- Girls basketball: West Seneca East at Iroquois, 6:30 p.m.
- Girls basketball: Lockport at Kenmore East, 7 p.m.
- Girls basketball: Fredonia at Olean, 7:30 p.m.
Today's schedule can be found at our high school scoreboard.
#PrepTalkLive updates: While we follow ALL the high school action via our Prep Talk team, we encourage YOU to also tweet updates from the games you are attending with the hashtag #PrepTalkLive attached.
* * *
* * *
Story topics: Homeroom Announcements