We know there's no homeroom today. But we're up and ready to go.
Get yourself ready for today's #PrepTalkLive action with everything you need to know about the day ahead in high school sports.
What to watch for Saturday
1. Wrestling - Multiple invitationals
There are a pair of notable tournaments on today's schedule.
The Niagara Frontier Wrestling Officials Association Invitational at NCCC was slated to start on Friday and finish up Saturday, but the whole tournament will now be played out today due to yesterday's school cancellations. Wrestling begins at 9:30 a.m.
Elsewhere, thirteen teams are scheduled to compete at the 25th Ripley Invitational hosted by Chautauqua Lake. Wrestling begins at 9 a.m.
2. Girls basketball - Williamsville East at West Seneca East, 1:30 p.m.
Undefeated West Seneca East (7-0, 2-0) welcomes Williamsville East (6-2, 1-1) for an ECIC II matchup. The Indians have a pair of league wins over Sweet Home and Hamburg. The Flames, who started the year 4-0, beat Starpoint and lost to No. 2 large school Williamsville South in league play so far.
3. Boys hockey - West Seneca East vs. Williamsville East, 5 p.m. at Northtown Center
Much like the girls hoops team, the West Seneca East hockey team is also undefeated with a 5-0 record. The Indians, the reigning sectional champs, have been dominant, outscoring opponents by a combined 23-6. Williamsville East (2-2-1) lost its first game out of the holiday break to Grand Island, 4-1, after beating the Vikings earlier this year, 3-1.
4. Boys basketball - United Way Showcase at Jamestown
A four-game slate at Jamestown's annual showcase headlines Saturday's boys hoops action.
- Sherman vs. Silver Creek, 2:15 p.m.
- Frewsburg vs. Southwestern, 4 p.m.
- Chautauqua Lake vs. Maple Grove, 5:45 p.m.
- Fredonia vs. Jamestown, 7:30 p.m.
- Boys basketball: St. Joe's at Park, 5 p.m.
- Boys hockey: Grand Island vs. Starpoint, 6 p.m. at HarborCenter
Today's schedule can be found at our high school scoreboard.
#PrepTalkLive updates: While we follow ALL the high school action via our Prep Talk team, we encourage YOU to also tweet updates from the games you are attending with the hashtag #PrepTalkLive attached.
* * *
* * *
Story topics: Homeroom Announcements