The College Power 10 ranks the top performers each week in Western New York collegiate athletics.
1. Cierra Dillard: The UB women's basketball star was three rebounds away from a triple-double in a 76-59 victory against St. Bonaventure on Friday. She had 14 points, 10 assists and seven rebounds for the first double-double of her career.
2. ECC men's basketball: Shakur Harris (South Park) hit a basket with seven seconds remaining to lift the Kats past Niagara County CC, 106-103, on Wednesday. The Kats followed the rivalry win with a 90-67 victory against Howard CC on Saturday.
3. CJ Massinburg: The UB men's basketball guard earned MAC East Player of the Week honors for the second time in the last three weeks. He's recorded three straight double-doubles, most recently notching 23 points and 10 rebounds in an 86-70 victory against Robert Morris.
4. Villa Maria men's basketball: The Vikings are ranked No. 1 for a third straight week and swept the Beaver Holiday Classic this weekend with blowout wins against Penn State Beaver and Penn State Fayette. DeJaun Owens (Tapesty) scored a combined 40 points in the two games.
5. Kelsi Ebert: The Hilbert women's basketball guard reached 1,000 career points a week after becoming the program's all-time leader in assists. Ebert (Frontier) scored 15 points in the Hawks' 70-31 victory against Franciscan on Saturday.
6. Mike Henry: The Syracuse native also surpassed the 1,000-point mark in Buffalo State men's basketball's loss to Bridgewater Sunday. He scored 32 points to become the 24th player in the Bengals' program history to reach the century mark.
7. Medaille men's basketball: The Mavericks defeated La Roche, 92-78, in a rematch of last year's AMCC Championship. Medaille took advantage of the Redhawks from outside, hitting 47 percent of its 3-point attempts.
8. Niagara men's basketball: The Purple Eagles went on a 16-0 run in the second half and Matt Scott hit a last-second three to complete an 85-82 comeback victory against Norfolk State on Saturday.
9. Tyler Zelinski: The former ECC quarterback is stepping up a level, as he accepted a preferred walk-on spot with the University of Pittsburgh. He threw for 16 touchdowns and 1,756 yards with the Kats this season.
10. Daemen basketball rookies: The Wildcats swept the East Coast Conference basketball Rookie of the Week honors this week, with Caroline White winning for the women and Andrew Sischo for the men. White averaged 14.5 points and 6.5 rebounds against Mercy College and Bridgeport. Sischo shot 70 percent and averaged 18.5 points, 7.5 rebounds and 1.0 blocks against the same two schools.
* Canisius hockey's Dylan McLaughlin (Lancaster) was named the Atlantic Hockey Player of the Week last Tuesday after scoring three goals and an assist in last weekend's sweep of Niagara.
* St. Bonaventure men's basketball's Matt Mobley hit his only basket of the game in the final seconds, sinking a three as time expired to lift the Bonnies past Vermont at Blue Cross Arena in Rochester.
* D'Youville women's lacrosse coach Kate Mayhook ran the New York City marathon.
Previous Power 10s
Story topics: Cierra Dillard/ CJ Massinburg/ Daemen men's basketball/ Daemen women's basketball/ DeJaun Owens/ ECC men's basketball/ Kelsi Ebert/ Medaille men's basketball/ Mike Henry/ Niagara men's basketball/ Tyler Zelinksi/ UB women's basketball/ Villa Maria men's basketball