Share this article

print logo

Unable to reach son via phone, mother finds him dead from apparent heroin overdose

NIAGARA FALLS – The mother of a 20-year-old Sanborn man drove to a downtown motel at 6 a.m. Sunday after being unable to contact her son via telephone for several hours. She found him dead from an apparent heroin overdose inside his motel room.

The woman told police that she tried to call her son at 9 p.m. Saturday but received no answer. After trying again around 5 a.m. Sunday, she got into her car and headed for the Red Maple Inn on Rainbow Boulevard, where he had intended to stay. Finding the room door ajar, she entered and found him already dead in the bathroom.

Police said that the victim was found face-down in a crouched position, with used needles and a small amount of heroin residue near the body.  An autopsy is scheduled to be performed to determine exact cause of death.

The mother told police that her son had been using heroin for about three years and had previously overdosed "at least" eight times, forcing her to carry the drug Narcan, which is used to counteract opioid overdoses. She told police that she had administered the drug to him "at least twice" in the past following similar such instances.

There are no comments - be the first to comment