Get yourself ready for today's #PrepTalkLive action with everything you need to know about the day ahead in high school sports.
What to watch for Thursday
1. Boys basketball - Pastor-Cooper Showcase at Daemen College
Three of the five boys basketball games Thursday are part of the Pastor-Cooper Showcase, which got underway yesterday with three girls matchups.
- Grand Island vs. MST Seneca, 5 p.m.
- Kenmore West vs. Tapestry, 6:45 p.m.
- Cardinal O'Hara vs. Middle College, 8:30 p.m.
2. Girls basketball - Franklinville at Fredonia, 7:30 p.m.
Two of the top small schools in Western New York square off in a nonleague game.
The Panthers (1-0) are led by the dynamic trio of Abby McCoy and Danielle and Allyson Haskell. The Hillbillies (0-1) have strong senior leadership with Katie Price and Hannah Gullo.
3. Girls hockey - Amherst/Sweet Home/Clarence vs. Frontier/Lake Shore/Orchard Park, 5:30 p.m.
Four teams are tied atop the standings with nine points, and all four are in action on Northtown Center's Feature Rink Thursday.
Monsignor Martin (3-0) and Williamsville (3-2) start off the doubleheader at 4 p.m. Williamsville's losses have come against CASH and FLOP.
The second game of the features CASH (3-0) and FLOP (3-1), which lost a 4-3 game to Monsignor Martin.
4. Boys hockey - Grand Island vs. Williamsville East, 5 p.m.
The Vikings (1-0) host the Flames (0-0) at Hyde Park Ice Pavilion.
Grand Island owns a 5-1 win over Williamsville South. Thomas Cecere and Nicholas Phinney each scored twice, and Parker Morrow had four assists.
This is the first game of the season for East, which also plays tomorrow against West Seneca West.
- Girls basketball: Lancaster at Frontier, 7 p.m.
- Boys hockey: Clarence vs. Lancaster, 7 p.m. at Northtown Center
Today's schedule can be found at our high school scoreboard.
#PrepTalkLive updates: While we follow ALL the high school action via our Prep Talk team, we encourage YOU to also tweet updates from the games you are attending with the hashtag #PrepTalkLive attached.
* * *
* * *
Story topics: Homeroom Announcements