Christopher M. Wright, the Pendleton man whose attempt to avoid arrest on child molestation charges caused a lockdown at Starpoint schools last year, refused to come from Niagara County Jail to County Court for sentencing Tuesday.
Judge Matthew J. Murphy III, however, said he would have postponed sentencing anyway, since two more sexual abuse cases are pending against
The judge said he intends to impose a state prison term on Wright for the first case. That would be a maximum of four years, but Assistant Public Defender David E. Blackley said he needs to talk to Wright about plea offers in the other two cases that could add as much as 14 years to the sentence. Another court date was set for Nov. 28.