What’s worse than footing the bill when your entire family goes out to dinner? Footing the bill when your kids have only eaten two bites of their meal.
That’s why I prefer, whenever possible, not to pay for their meals at all.
Fortunately, we’ve got a slew of places in Western New York that offer “kids eat free” specials when you dine in and buy an adult meal. The only days of the week I haven’t found specials for are Fridays and Saturdays, so let me know if you know of any. Here’s what I’ve got:
• The Anchor Bar location at 7662 Transit Road in East Amherst offers one free meal from the kids menu for children age 12 and younger. It’s only available at the East Amherst location. Call 932-7228.
• The Grill at the Dome, 175 Brompton Road in Tonawanda offers one free meal from the kids menu from 4 to 9 p.m. on Mondays. Call 504-4745.
• New York Beer Project, 6933 South Transit Road in Lockport, offers one free kids meal from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Mondays. Call 743-6927.
• Apple Granny, 433 Center St. in Lewiston, offers up to three free kids meals for kids 12 and under from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Tuesdays. A clown will be in attendance, making balloon art and playing games. Call 754-2028.
• Buffalo Roadhouse Grill, 1980 Niagara Falls Blvd. in Tonawanda, offers a free kids meal every Tuesday. It’s valid for kids age 10 and younger. Call 692-7999.
• Hillview Restaurant, 6135 Transit Road in Depew, offers a free kids meal every Tuesday from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Call 684-6870.
• Twisted Olives Restaurant, 333 Rainbow Blvd. in Niagara Falls, inside the Wingate by Wyndham Hotel, offers a free kids meal from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. on Tuesdays for kids age 10 and under. There’s also face painting and a balloon artist. Call 716-215-6222.
• Jack’s Grill and Banquets, 6935 Ward Road at Niagara Falls Boulevard in Wheatfield, has a free kids meal on Wednesday nights for kids 12 and younger. There is a balloon artist, face painter and, sometimes, a caricature artist. Call 260-1847.
• Koz’s Pizza Alley, 507 Sunset Drive in Hamburg, offers a free kids menu meal for age 10 and younger on Wednesdays. Call 646-6655.
• Sonic Drive-In, 3601 Union Road in Cheektowaga, has a free kids meal from 4 to 8 p.m. on Wednesday, along with children’s entertainers such as magicians and balloon artists. Call 391-1888.
• At Rainforest Cafe, 300 Third St. in Niagara Falls, kids eat free from 4:30 to 8:30 p.m. on Wednesdays. Kids also receive a free game card and balloons from the Balloon Brothers. Call 285-3361.
• Major Toms Drop Zone, 5842 Camp Road in Hamburg, offers one meal from the kids menu all day each Monday through Thursday. Free ice cream is included. Call 649-6100.
• Gardenview, 1744 Union Road in West Seneca, lets kids eat free with purchase from 5 to 8 p.m. every Thursday for age 12 and younger. There’s also magic from Nickel City Magic. Call 674-7176.
• Gigi’s Cucina Povera, 981 Kenmore Ave., gives a free kids meal per adult purchase, up to three children age 12 or younger on Sundays. Call 877-8788.
• Don Juan Mexican Bar and Grill, 7200 Seneca St. in Elma, offers free kids meals all day Sunday for kids age 12 and younger. Call 652-0245.
Send retail tips and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.