We know there's no homeroom today. But we're up and ready to go.
Get yourself ready for today's #PrepTalkLive action with everything you need to know about the day ahead in high school sports.
What to watch for Saturday
1. Football - Far West Regionals at SUNY Brockport
Winners advance to next weekend's state semifinals at Union-Endicott High School.
Class C: Cleveland Hill vs. V-Caledonia-Mumford/Byron-Bergen, 1 p.m.
The Eagles have advanced to their second straight regionals, where it lost last season to Rochester private school Bishop Kearney, 40-38. This is the first appearance for Caledonia-Mumford/Byron-Bergen as a merged squad. It rallied from a 13-point fourth-quarter deficit to beat East Rochester/Gananda, 27-26.
Class B: Cheektowaga vs. V-Hornell, 4 p.m.
The Warriors are back in the Far West Regionals for the third time in four years. They beat Batavia both games in 2014 and 2015. Undefeated Hornell, ranked fourth in the state, is at this stage for the first time since 2012.
Class AA: Lancaster vs. V-Aquinas, 7 p.m.
The Legends are looking for their first regional triumph in their third appearance. They lost to Victor last year, 33-27. Rochester private school Aquinas blew out Orchard Park in 2015 en route to its seventh state title.
2. Cross Country - NYSPHSAA Championships at V-Wayne High School
The Maple Grove boys team and Newfane girls team have the majority of their lineups back after capturing state titles last year. Racing starts at 9 a.m.
3. Soccer - NYSPHSAA & Catholic semifinals
Winners advance to their respective state finals on Sunday.
- Class B: Lackawanna vs. II-Ichabod Crane, 9:15 a.m. at Twin Towers Middle School
- Class D: Lafayette vs. VII-Chazy, 8:30 a.m. at Middletown High School
- Class AA: Clarence vs. VIII-Massapequa, 5:30 p.m. at SUNY Cortland
- Class C: Allegany-Limestone vs. XI-Southhold/Greenport, 5:30 p.m. at Homer High School
- Catholic: Nichols vs. Xaverian, 11 a.m. at Aviator Sports & Events Center in Brooklyn
4. Volleyball - Catholic states & Far West Regionals
St. Mary’s of Lancaster heads to St. Anthony's on Long Island looking for its third New York State Catholic High School Athletic Association title in four years and 16th overall.
Division I champ Lockport and Division II champ Eden head to Rochester's Webster Schroeder for Far West Regional action this afternoon. The Lions play at 3 p.m. against reigning state champ Penfield, which beat Clarence last year. Eden gets a rematch with Spencerport at 1 p.m. The Rangers lost in the state final in four sets.
5. Field hockey - NYSPHSAA semifinals at Maine-Endwell High School
Akron plays at 9:30 a.m. against Section IV's Whitney Point, the winner of the last three Class C state championships.
- Football: Cardinal O'Hara at Canisius, 1 p.m.
Today's schedule can be found at our high school scoreboard.
#PrepTalkLive updates: While we follow ALL the high school action via our Prep Talk team, we encourage YOU to also tweet updates from the games you are attending with the hashtag #PrepTalkLive attached.
* * *
* * *
Story topics: Homeroom Announcements