Share this article

print logo

Fire hits Center Street business in Lewiston

A fire in the electrical panel of a Center Street business/residential complex in Lewiston disrupted commerce but caused little actual damage Saturday morning, village fire officials said.

A fire crew was sent to the 500 block of Center Street and found smoke coming from the basement of the mixed-use complex, said Chief Les Myers of the Lewiston No. 1 Fire Company.

The businesses affected were evacuated while crews doused the flame, and efforts were being made Saturday afternoon to repair the damage and re-open the businesses. No one was reported injured in the incident, and no damage estimate was given.

 

There are no comments - be the first to comment