Throughout the 2017 season, The Buffalo News will track the performances of players from both Western New York and local colleges who are currently in the NFL. Here are their results in Week 9:
• Eagles S Corey Graham: The Buffalo native had four tackles, including one on special teams, and a pass defensed in Philadelphia's 51-23 win over Denver. He played 18 defensive snaps (28 percent) and 11 on special teams (31 percent).
• Eagles DE Steven Means: The Buffalo native and University at Buffalo graduate was inactive in Philadelphia's win over the Broncos.
• Browns C J.C. Tretter: The Akron product was on his bye week. Tretter has taken every offensive snap so far this sesaon for Cleveland. He signed with the Browns in the offseason after spending the first four years of his career with the Packers, who selected him in the fourth round of the 2013 NFL Draft.
• Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski: The Amherst native was on his bye week with New England. Gronkowski has 34 catches for 509 yards and five touchdowns this season.
• Titans P Brett Kern: The Grand Island native had another strong game, punting five times for 256 yards in a 23-20 win over Baltimore. Kern averaged 51.2 gross yards and 46.8 net yards, placing three punts inside the Ravens' 20-yard line.
• Titans RB David Fluellen: The Lockport native had two assisted tackles on special teams in Tennessee's win. He played 21 snaps on special teams (72 percent), but did not appear on offense.
Local college players
• Raiders DE Khalil Mack (University at Buffalo): The No. 5 overall pick in the 2014 draft by Oakland, Mack had four tackles in a 27-24 win over Miami. He played 66 of 67 defensive snaps and four on special teams (15 percent) in the win.
• Panthers TE Chris Manhertz (Canisius): A former basketball player at Canisius, Manhertz played five offensive snaps (8 percent) and two on special teams (8 percent) in a 20-17 win over Atlanta. He did not record any statistics.
• Chargers RB Branden Oliver (UB): Oliver was on his bye week with Los Angeles. For the season, he's carried 20 times for 61 yards and caught five passes for 20 yards.
Note: Former UB tight end Mason Schreck is on injured reserve with the Bengals because of a knee injury.