Lockport home damaged by chimney fire - The Buffalo News

Share this article

print logo

Lockport home damaged by chimney fire

A faulty or overheated chimney flue sparked a fire in a two-family home on North Transit Street in Lockport on Wednesday afternoon, the city fire department said.

Firefighters were called to 249 N. Transit just after 2:30 p.m. and found smoke and fire coming from the roof. Residents of the downstairs apartment told firefighters they had a fire burning in their fireplace in order to heat their home, which did not have electrical service to power its furnace, the fire department said in a news release.

No injuries were reported and damage was estimated at about $34,000. The Red Cross was called to help three residents.

There are no comments - be the first to comment