Through Friday's games. Preseason rankings in parentheses.
1. Tampa Bay Lightning. Stamkos-Kucherov first NHL duo to open season with 11-game point streaks since 1992. (1)
2. Los Angeles Kings. Quick makes 40 saves to shut out Habs in 500th NHL game. (4)
3. St. Louis Blues. Huge start for Schwartz with 15 points in 11 games. (3)
4. Pittsburgh Penguins. Two straight OT winners from Kessel, including goal No. 300 of career to ground Jets. (5)
5. Vegas Golden Knights. Pay the piper time for amazing 8-1 start? Six-game Eastern roadie starts Monday in Brooklyn. (9)
6. New Jersey Devils. Boyle returns to practice amid cancer battle. (6)
7. Columbus Blue Jackets. Jones rattled Sabres, showed Housley some things he learned under him in Nashville. (7)
8. Ottawa Senators. Odd 5-1-5 mark includes four shootout losses, three at home. (13)
9. Toronto Maple Leafs. Andersen struggling in goal at 3.54/.893. (2).
10. Vancouver Canucks. In seventh NHL stop, Vanek has four goals in first 10 games. (20).
11. Nashville Predators. Red-hot Rinne over last six starts: 4-0-2, 1.14/.963. (11)
12. Chicago Blackhawks. Sure looked like it was a case of the "Vegas Flu" against Golden Knights. (8)
13. Colorado Avalanche. Nieto's first career hat trick sparks win over Stars. (18)
14. New York Islanders. Three-game winning streak snapped in loss to Wild. (24).
15. Philadelphia Flyers. Furious about overturned goal on review in loss to Ottawa. (15)
16. Detroit Red Wings. Larkin took three penalties vs. Sabres, has gone 10 games without a goal. (12)
17. Minnesota Wild. Parise opts for back surgery now so he's back for second half. (21)
18. Dallas Stars. Ugly 1-4 start on road until sneaking out win in Calgary. (19).
19. Calgary Flames. Selling "Jagr Packs" of tickets, with savings of $68 for four games. (17)
20. Carolina Hurricanes. Money still an issue as Karmanos' sale of club continues to drag along. (14)
21. Washington Capitals. Below .500 through 10 games and complete no-shows Thursday in Vancouver. (10)
22. Winnipeg Jets. Lost in OT at Pittsburgh, where last win was in 2006 as Thrashers. (16)
23. Boston Bruins. Heinen nets first two NHL goals to corral Sharks. (23)
24. Florida Panthers. Kicked off five-game homestand with eight-goal outburst against Ducks. (25)
25. San Jose Sharks. Will be emotional homecoming Monday as Marleau returns to town with Leafs. (22)
26. New York Rangers. Nash's 1,000th game gives him 11 this season -- with just one goal. (29)
27. Anaheim Ducks. Another major injury: Fowler out as long as eight weeks with knee problem. (26)
28. Edmonton Oilers. NBC showed Sabres-Red Wings instead of McDavid-Crosby. Egads. (27).
29. Buffalo Sabres. Bravo to Pegulas' incredibly magnanimous gesture of providing Key Bank Center for Officer Lehner funeral. (30)
30. Montreal Canadiens. Pressure growing on GM Bergevin, who seems like he's on Regier Road. (28)
31. Arizona Coyotes. At 0-9-1, first team winless in opening 10 games since '02 Thrashers. (31)
Story topics: Power Rankings