1. Lancaster: Beat Hutch-Tech, 35-0. Next: Friday vs. Jamestown, 7:30 p.m.
2. Canisius: Beat St. Francis, 38-9. Next: Saturday vs. Cathedral Prep, 1 p.m.
3. West Seneca West: Beat Sweet Home, 59-24. Next: Friday vs. Iroquois, 7 p.m.
4. Williamsville North: Beat Bennett, 35-6. Next: Friday vs. Niagara Falls, 7 p.m.
5. South Park: Beat Williamsville East, 6-0. Next: Friday vs. West Seneca East, 7 p.m.
6. Grand Island: Lost to West Seneca East, 28-14. Next: TBA.
7. Starpoint: Lost to Iroquois, 34-21. Next: TBA.
8. St. Francis: Lost to Canisius, 38-9. Next: Friday at Bishop Timon-St. Jude, 7 p.m.
9. West Seneca East: Beat Grand Island, 28-14. Next: Friday at South Park, 7 p.m.
10. Orchard Park: Lost to Niagara Falls, 22-17. Next: Thursday vs. Clarence, 8:15 p.m.
1. Cheektowaga: Beat Depew, 49-0. Next: Friday vs. Dunkirk, 7 p.m.
2. Maryvale: Beat Newfane, 18-15. Next: Saturday at Lackawanna, TBA.
3. Franklinville/Ellicottville: Beat Portville, 54-13. Next: Friday vs. Chautauqua Lake, 7 p.m.
4. Cleveland Hill: Beat Allegany-Limestone, 60-10. Next: Saturday vs. Silver Creek/Forestville, 2 p.m.
5. Lackawanna: Beat Pioneer, 32-0. Next: Saturday vs. Maryvale, TBA.
6. Dunkirk: Beat Albion, 25-7. Next: Friday at Cheektowaga, 7 p.m.
7. Albion: Lost to Dunkirk 25-7. Next: TBA.
8. Newfane: Lost to Maryvale, 18-15. Next: TBA.
9. Maple Grove: Beat Randolph/Frewsburg, 40-21. Next: Friday vs. Clymer/Sherman/Panama, 7 p.m.
10. Southwestern: Beat Akron, 28-20. Next: Friday vs. Wilson, 7 p.m.
-- Freshman Savon VanSickle rushed 31 times for 252 yards and four touchdowns before leaving the game early in the fourth quarter with an injury for Jamestown in its 53-52 double overtime win at Clarence.
-- C.J. Perillo rushed 48 times for 246 yards and three touchdowns for Iroquois in a 34-21 win at Starpoint.
-- Aaron Wahler rushed 12 times for 201 yards and three TDs in Cleveland Hill's 60-10 win over Allegany-Limestone.
-- Versatile Joe Andreessen rushed five times for 45 yards and two touchdowns when he shifted from line to wildcat quarterback and also made 11 tackles on defense as Lancaster advanced with a 35-0 win over Hutch-Tech.
-- Joe Nusall completed 8-of-13 passes for 163 yards and four touchdowns as Williamsville North defeated Bennett, 35-6.
-- Khalil Horton rushed 12 times for 151 yards and a touchdown and made seven tackles in Lackawanna's 32-0 win over Pioneer.
-- Elijah Lewis had four sacks to lead a South Park defense that pitched a shutout in a 6-0 win over Williamsville East.
-- Jacob Maurino rushed 13 times for 275 yards and three touchdowns, including scores of 75 and 65 yards for West Seneca East in a 28-14 win over Grand Island.
-- John Speyer rushed 21 times for 252 yards and four touchdowns in West Seneca West's 59-24 triumph over Sweet Home.
-- Keshone Beal passed for 164 yards and two touchdowns and rushed 7 times for 163 yards and two touchdowns in leading Cheektowaga to a 49-0 rout of Depew.
-- Defending Class B champion Dunkirk's defense limited Albion to 11 yards on 38 rushing attempts in a 25-7 win.
-- Rashad Law rushed for 80 yards and a touchdown and made 15 tackles on defense as Maryvale rallied to defeat Newfane, 18-15.
-- Drew Westmorland rushed 16 times for 226 yards and three touchdowns in Wilson's 57-43 win over Falconer/Cassadaga Valley.
-- Jacob Peters rushed four times for 123 yards and a touchdown during Franklinville/Ellicottville's 54-13 win.
-- Jaden Lofton rushed 7 times for 230 yards and four TDs in St. Joe's 55-0 win over Bishop Timon-St. Jude.
-- Joe Jamison rushed four times for 103 yards and a touchdown and made eight tackles for Canisius in a 38-9 win over St. Francis.
The Section VI playoffs continue with semifinal action in five classifications for 20 teams.
The Monsignor Martin High Schools Athletic Association teams complete their respective regular seasons as well, although Canisius and St. Joe's close with nonleague games at home to tune up for the playoffs. Canisius hosts defending state Pennsylvania champion Cathedral Prep at 1 p.m. at the Stransky Complex. At the same time at the Robert T. Scott Complex, St. Joe's faces McDowell of Erie, Pa.
Section VI playoffs
6-Niagara Falls at 2-Williamsville North, 7 p.m. Friday
5-Jamestown at 1-Lancaster, 7:30 p.m. Friday
4S-West Seneca East at 2S-South Park at All High Stadium, 7 p.m. Friday
3S-Iroquois at 1S-West Seneca West, 7 p.m., Friday
3-Dunkirk at 2-Cheektowaga, 7 p.m. Friday
4-Maryvale at 1-Lackawanna, TBA Saturday
2N-Wilson at 1S-Southwestern, 7 p.m. Friday
2S-Silver Creek/Forestville at 1N-Cleveland Hill, 2 p.m. Saturday
4-Chautauqua Lake at 1-Franklinville/Ellicottville, 7 p.m. Friday at Franklinville
3-Clymer/Sherman/Panama at 2-Maple Grove, 7 p.m. Friday
From Friday Night Lights to Saturday afternoon homecoming games, BuffaloNews.com is the place to keep track of all of Western New York’s football action.
Review our #PrepTalkLive coverage from Friday night’s action, including photo galleries and a live blog of how the night transpired. Our scoreboard page also has additional details from several games.
Our #PrepTalkLive coverage continues with today’s games. No matter when the games are, you can again be part of the team via Twitter: Tweet game updates with the #preptalklive hashtag and those updates will appear in our live blogs.
Story topics: How they fared